The Camillus Youth Lacrosse Association is non-profit organization formed and run by parent volunteers. The goal of the Camillus Youth Lacrosse Association is to develop, promote and administer a recreational youth lacrosse program for boys and girls in grades K-6 who reside in the West Genesee Central school district.
The Camillus Youth Lacrosse Association will encourage good sportsmanship, stress the development of lacrosse fundamentals and provide fun and safe programs in which our kids can learn and play the game of lacrosse.
CYLA offers West Genesee parents and youths our own community based association for participation in the Upstate Lacrosse Association (ULA).
Code of Conduct
US Lacrosse Youth Council Code of Conduct Statement
I, as a player, coach, parent, spectator or official, pledge to conduct myself in a manner that complies with the US Lacrosse Youth Council “Code of Conduct” at all times. Accordingly, I pledge to:
- “Honor the Game”;
- Demonstrate respect to other players, coaches, and parents; officials; and spectators;
- Uphold the essential elements of the USL Youth Council “Code of Conduct”, which are HONESTY and INTEGRITY;
- Demonstrate and Encourage good sportsmanship and the concepts of fair play;
- Focus on fun and participation;
- Know and abide by the Rules of Lacrosse, the established guidelines, and all eligibility requirements;
- Understand that the safety and welfare of all concerned is the top priority;
- Support the drug, alcohol, and tobacco free environment that is important for all youth sporting events;
Further I pledge NOT to:
Ever use profanity at a youth event;
Criticize coaches, players, or game officials;
Touch an opposing player, coach, or game official in a threatening manner;
For the full version of the US Lacrosse Youth Council Code of Conduct, follow this hyperlink: http://www.uslacrosse.org/info/codefull.phtml
The Camillus Youth Lacrosse Association is 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that incurs significant expense in order to provide programs for our children. For this reason we have a strict NO REFUND policy that we must enforce. Parents should be certain that their child is ready, willing and able to participate in a Camillus Youth Lacrosse Association program before registering them.